Our cotton Vintage Kantha quilt series takes you back to a time of understated beauty and versatility with this print in a navy damask block print 0n one side and subtle stripes on the other.
It is the simplicity of colors and patterns that we love so much in this series and that will complement a unique and discerning taste!
Are you going for a classic vintage bedroom or more of a modern twist? This quilt can be enjoyed either way. Beautiful as a whole bed quilt, folded at the end of your bed over a solid bedspread, or layered over other patterns for a unique and one of a kind bedroom.
Kantha is the ancient Indian art of embroidery with a simple running stitch that flows through-out this quilt. The way in which the stitch has been used is what makes the quilt extraordinary and reminiscent of vintage bedding. While making the pieces, the cloth is given layers that are kept together by the stitches and is made in such a way that it is reversible. The entire quilt is painstakingly embroidered with thousands of small and delicate Kantha stitches to create a one of a kind masterpiece! This is a special hand quilted Kantha with a vintage bohemian pattern that can add spice to any decor.
*Lissome: (adj) Slender and graceful.
Kantha Quilts Special Qualities:
- Unique and hard to find patterns
- Hand Block Print with Vegetable Dyes
- Pronunciation: KAHN-taa
- So beautiful they are often used not just for bedding but also to dress up a sofa or to bring to the park for a picnic
- 100% Cotton
- Hand stitched by local artisans in Jaipur, India.
- As with any handmade item, this may result in rare uneven edges or loose thread. Colors of threads may be different from pictures above. However, this adds to the character and beauty of the Kantha quilts and makes them unique and one of a kind.
- Twin - 60 x 90 inches
- Queen - 90 x 108 inches
We recommend hand washing Kantha Quilt's once a month, in cold water with a gentle washing detergent. Line dry or lay flat. Spot remover can be used but please ensure it is chlorine free.